janeiro 29, 2006

On a very different note, and for the first time in memory...

...it snowed, it snowed, it snowed (it didn't stick but), it snowed, it snowed, it snowed, it snowed (yes, in Lisbon), it snowed!

Vitor had never seen snow falling... and neither had our neighbors. We all ran around to eachothers' houses to get different views and laughed and here's a picture....


...Okay, you can't really see all that well but I swear that's snow, as photographed by my husband.

It was wonderful and beautiful and romantic and my winter is now complete!

beijinhos to everyone,
Austin

Comments:
I saw it, too! Amazing! I never expected to see snow falling here in Lisbon! Suddenly, my son and I longed for countries covered by a white robe. Of course, I explained to him that those countries would be very cold. It doesn't matter, he said! I guess he was right.
 
We were having dinner with Zé and Isabel when Isabel excitedly insisted that she had seen some snow flakes. Jordan, quintessential New Yorker, did not believe her... but when I begged him to come look out the window with the rest of us, he was pretty shocked: "Pois, é!" What fun. Maybe it'll happen again in another 52 years. I would be, hmmm, 96.
 
Enviar um comentário

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?